Valentine Heidt, Undertaker
A. Schultz Company
Edward Gredler in his Butcher Shop
Photo taken in 1905 – Store was opened in April 1898 five years after their arrival in Erie and remained in the family until 1985.
Peter Wehan’s Grocery Store
Schloss Meat Market
Schuldebuckel Hill & Ohmer’s Hardware Store
Kraus’s Original Store
Waldameer, German for “woods by the sea” – was born in 1896
Brugger Funeral Home
Adolph Brugger had his residence and Funeral Parlor on East 9th Street just east of Parade Street. The original Home, was closed in 2007, but the family business remains in two locations on East and West 38th Streets.
Erie Männerchor Music Hall
Felgemacher Organ Company
B. Felgemaker & Co., organ factory, corner of Twenty-fifth and Ash streets, was originally established in the city of Buffalo in the year 1865, but moved to this city in the year 1871, when it was operated as a stock company up to the year 1875, under the name of “The Derrick & Felgemaker Pipe Organ Company,”
The premises consists of a handsome four-story brick structure 40 feet wide by 200 fee long, built in 1872, with a frame wing 20 feet wide by 100 feet long, erected in 1871.
Mr. Felgemaker, a practical and experienced organ builder, has his work in many of the best churches in this State